Policy Statement Concerning COVID-19
UPDATED MARCH 25th
Squad FiftyOne would like to take this opportunity to address any concerns about our services during this current COVID-19 uncertainty. We are keeping abreast of situation by regularly reviewing information from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Ohio Governor’s Office.
As always, we are deeply committed to the health and well-being of our patients, clients, and employees. In doing so we will implement the following changes. As new information becomes available, we will adjust policies as necessary.
1. Our triage & transport services will be limited to urgent and emergency cases only, as well as deceased pet removals. Until further notice, we will not be offering transport for routine/non-emergency cases such as wellness check ups, annual vaccines, etc.
2. Pet parents will not be allowed to accompany their pet in the ambulance.
3. At the time of the appointment, clients will be asked a series of short questions about their current state of health and of those in the household. This is in order to ensure the safety of both the client and our personnel.
4. Beginning MARCH 25th, Squad FiftyOne will have temporarily shortened hours of operation effective as of March 25th. Our new hours of operation are as follow until further notice:
Sunday thru Thursday: 8am to 11pm
Friday and Saturday: 8am to 1am
5. Additionally we will be making available veterinary technician teletriage via our new mobile app. Clients who are concerned about going into a hospital, who are unable to travel, or aren’t even sure if the situation requires an office visit can schedule a messenger or video chat with a Registered Veterinary Technician to assess your pets’s heath and help you to determine what your next steps should be. Clients can download the app from the app store for both Apple and Android or they can follow the link on from our website. We will begin offering this service on March 31st. We will send out a separate notice when this service becomes available.
Also, many area veterinary hospitals has instituted procedural changes concerning scheduling, appointment types, prescription refills, etc. Please contact your veterinarian’s office for their updated policies.
Lastly, we would like to reassure you that Squad FiftyOne will continue to be available to assist and serve pets and their owners. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call at 1.888.510.1152 or email us at email@example.com